Congratulations. You've just purchased one of Sealy's finest sleep systems available, backed up by one of the finest warranties available. At Sealy, we make the mattress that makes your more comfortable, and that includes replacing or repairing any sleep set that fails to live up to our high standards for quality materials and workmanship. Please take a few minutes to read over the warranty guidelines below.
Length of Warranty
Your warranty protects you from the day you purchase your sleep set, and continues according to the "Warranty Schedule" found on this card. In the event that we repair or replace your sleep set, this warranty continues your protection from the original date of purchase.
Sealy Mattress Warranty Coverage
This warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Torn handles, stitches pulled out of the handle where sewn to the mattress, or tears in the mattress fabric where the handles are attached.
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken. Coils or wires thare protrude or rip through the fabric.
- Body indentations of 1 1/2 iches or greater.
- Excessively lumpy feel.
- Sagging: Your mattress must be continuoulsly supported by a Sealy appropriate box spring, or equivalent, with an appropriate frame. The frame should include a rigid center support with at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with at least 5 hardwood cross slats for Queen and King sets. (See illustration for clarification.) A rigid center support is equal to a support that extends from the frame to the ground.
Sealy Box Spring:
- Splits in the wood frame.
- Squeaks, rattles or noises.
- Broken, loose or defective beams and/or center support rail.
- Loose or broken module wire.
- Compression of modules.
- Unstapling of modules.
- Sagging: A proper bed frame must continuously support the box spring. For King and Queen sets, a rigid center support with at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with at least 5 hardwood cross slats is necessary. (See illustration for clarication.)
Items not covered- Items and damages not specifically listed in the "Warranty Coverage" section are not covered, including, for example:
- Mattress Fabric.
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation, bent due to moving or bending the sleep set.
- Structural damage from using an improper bed frame. This warranty applies to queen and king size mattresses or box springs ONLY if they are used on an appropriate frame with a rigid support having at least 5 legs or a rigid center support with 5 hardwood cross-slats.
- Used bedding or bedding sold "as is" and floor models.
- Bed height.
- Sheet fit.
- Comfort preference.
- Body indentations less than 1 1/2 inches.
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate box spring. A mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a Sealy appropriate box spring as part of a total sleep set.
- Replacement of another piece in the sleep set, unless such other piece is also defective.
- Mattress or box spring damage due to abuse.
- Transportation costs.
Examples of Proper bed frames for Queen and King Size Sealy Mattress Bedding
Your new Sealy Mattress has one sleeping surface. This means you will never have to flip the mattress. This mattress has Stay True upholstery padding which increases its longevity and support performance. Body indentations can be a normal occurrence in your new mattress, and indicate that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body's contours. Do not attempt to sleep on the box spring or the non-sleep surface of the mattress as they are not made for that purpose.
What if a Sealy Mattress Warranty Problem Occurs...
We make every effort to be sure we manufacture our sleep sets with the finest materials available. If, however, you do discover a defect in your new Sealy mattress or box spring, simply contact the retail store where you purchased your sleep set. if you can't reach the store, or if you've moved, all you need to do is write directly to us
Consumer Support Department
One Office Parkway
Trinity, NC 27370
or call 1-800-MY SEALY
If a defect that is covered occurs during warranty period (which is described in the warranty schedule), Sealy will repair or replace (at Sealy's option) the defective mattress and/or box spring within a reasonable period of time.
In order for this limited Sealy warranty card to be valid, you must: 1. Be the orignial consumer purchaser, and have purchased the sleep set from one of our authorized dealers in the United States or Puerto Rico; 2. Provide a copy of the original store receipt, or other proof of date, place of purchase and purchase price, and 3. provide the law label from the defective product.
If identical materials are not abailanle at the time of product service, Sealy reserves the right to substitute material of equal or higher value, or, at our option, provide a refund. You'll be responsible for transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable.
Your Sealy Mattress warranty does not cover products found to be in an unsanitary condition or when the product failure is due to causes other than defective materials or workmanship. Please refer to the "Do's & Don'ts of Bedding Care" section of this brochure for proper sleep set care.
Exclusive Remedy/Other Limitations
ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL NOT EXCEED IN DURATION THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WHICH BEGINS WITH THE DATE OF PURCHASE BY THE CONSUMER. THE SERVICE TERMS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE CONSUMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF PRODUCT FAILURE DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. SEALY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR THE BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. Sealy does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person's medical condition. Sealy makes no warranty beyond what is contained in writing.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Sealy does not authorize any person to creat for it any other obligation or liability in connection with this warranty.